The lovely Kyra Halland nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Now before you go looking at my profile pic and thinking “Huh?” — it’s not a beauty contest! Thank God, because there is no way in hell I’m gonna strut my stuff in a swimsuit. No, the Beautiful Blogger Award is more of a game of tag to let other bloggers know you appreciate them and their posts or would like to know more about them. Kyra is a Goodreads buddy who knocks my socks off with her productivity. She’s completed close to 20 novels and has participated in NaNoWriMo four years in a row. Check out her blog HERE .
So here’s the deal. The rules are:
- Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers.
Seven things about me. (That aren’t on a different page on this blog.)
1. I’m a plant killer. I don’t mean to be. But it’s stronger than I am. All I have to do is touch a plant for the thing to start to die. Which is why my husband takes care of the flower boxes on our balcony.
2. I absolutely detest peas. *shivers*
3. I am the youngest of six kids — I have two brothers and three sisters. I have never had any doubt about being loved, but I also have never had any doubt that my mom was devastated when she found out she was pregnant with me. My siblings liked to share that little tidbit with me when I was growing up. 🙂
4. Coffee is a new revelation for me. A year ago, I couldn’t stand the stuff. Today, I’m drinking it by the bucketful. I started off drinking it to keep myself awake (too much falling asleep at the keyboard) but now I am hooked.
5. I have a cat who drools. A lot.
6. The Geneva Writers’ Group is my home away from home. It’s a group of 200 members and we meet for workshops, conferences, critiquing. I’ve been a part of the organizing committee for nine years and am assistant director of the conference. The director is Susan Tiberghien.
7. Glimpse into my fantasy world: Robert Downey Junior. On a hot day. *swoons*
So that’s seven things about me. Now here are some bloggers I’d like to know more about. I can’t guarantee that they will do the Beautiful Blogger post, but I can guarantee that they are beautiful bloggers, in every sense of the term: